GUIDELINES FOR NOMINATIONS
1. Nominated individuals may be living or deceased.
2. A nominee does not have to be a current resident of Whitfield or Murray County.
3. Nominated organizations must be active.
4. Nominations may be held up to five years.
NOMINATION & SELECTION PROCESS
1. Nomination forms are available in the historical society office and on the Society’s website.
2. The awards committee, appointed biannually by the Society’s president, selects recipients from the nominees. Multiple awards may be presented each year.
3. Any member of the Whitfield-Murray Historical Society may make a nomination.
4. All nominations must be in the headquarters office by April 1 to be considered for selection in that calendar year.
1. Each recipient’s name will be placed on a permanent plaque at the headquarters.
2. Each recipient will receive an appropriate token commemorating the occasion of receiving the award.
3. Special recognitions can also be given to express appreciation for unique contributions to the Society and/or to local historic preservation efforts.